December 29, 2011 § 2 Comments
I can’t believe it is that time of year again. 2011 FLEW by and I feel like I accomplished not even one of the many resolutions I made for it. I can’t be too hard on myself though. I managed to work 2 jobs, attend 2 (fabulous) bachelorette parties and 3 weddings, and go on my long-awaited trip to Europe! Whew! Not too much time was left for anything else. This year though, I will have more time to myself which is very exciting. Here are my resolutions for 2012. Its going to be a great year, I can feel it! 🙂
1. Try a new type of exercise. I’m thinking yoga might be a good start as I’m not coordinated enough for the other ‘classes’ offered at the gym. Isn’t yoga really just a fancy word for stretching anyway?
2. Eat healthier. Ok, not going to the extreme here. I still plan on taking many trips to Chipotle, McDonald’s, and my new favorite: In-N-Out Burger. But, I figure I can probably do without a *few* less Oreo’s every month and still survive.
3. Run the Las Vegas Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon. No explanation needed here 🙂
4. Do more outdoor activities. I am really dying to go skiing again, and possibly even snowboarding if someone (Skylar) can convince me that I won’t break my neck. As long as I don’t fall on my butt 100 times, almost cry on the top of a bunny slope (it looked like Mount Everest to me), or have legs so sore I can barely walk the next day, it will be a huge improvement over my first skiing experience.
5. Explore new cities on my side of the country. The cities (in order) that top my list are: San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle (since I didn’t really get to explore last time I was there). Road trip anyone???
What are your New Year’s resolutions? xoxo