December 29, 2011 § 2 Comments
I can’t believe it is that time of year again. 2011 FLEW by and I feel like I accomplished not even one of the many resolutions I made for it. I can’t be too hard on myself though. I managed to work 2 jobs, attend 2 (fabulous) bachelorette parties and 3 weddings, and go on my long-awaited trip to Europe! Whew! Not too much time was left for anything else. This year though, I will have more time to myself which is very exciting. Here are my resolutions for 2012. Its going to be a great year, I can feel it! 🙂
1. Try a new type of exercise. I’m thinking yoga might be a good start as I’m not coordinated enough for the other ‘classes’ offered at the gym. Isn’t yoga really just a fancy word for stretching anyway?
2. Eat healthier. Ok, not going to the extreme here. I still plan on taking many trips to Chipotle, McDonald’s, and my new favorite: In-N-Out Burger. But, I figure I can probably do without a *few* less Oreo’s every month and still survive.
3. Run the Las Vegas Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon. No explanation needed here 🙂
4. Do more outdoor activities. I am really dying to go skiing again, and possibly even snowboarding if someone (Skylar) can convince me that I won’t break my neck. As long as I don’t fall on my butt 100 times, almost cry on the top of a bunny slope (it looked like Mount Everest to me), or have legs so sore I can barely walk the next day, it will be a huge improvement over my first skiing experience.
5. Explore new cities on my side of the country. The cities (in order) that top my list are: San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle (since I didn’t really get to explore last time I was there). Road trip anyone???
What are your New Year’s resolutions? xoxo
December 24, 2011 § Leave a comment
I have been wanting to try the half-moon manicure for a while. Since I finally have some extra time on my hands (no more working 2 jobs, yes!), I decided to test it out tonight. I followed these instructions and decided to do red and gold. The only little snafu was that the stickers pulled some of my polish off when I was removing them. I had to go back and polish over those areas which created little bubbles. But, i put some of my ‘Party Hearty’ glitter over it and you can’t really tell. I think it turned out really cute and I can’t wait to try it with other colors!
December 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
This year will be the second year in all my 29 years that I haven’t been home with my family for the holidays. I’ve officially been out in Nevada for 3 weeks now. I actually feel like I’ve been here so much longer, but not in a bad way. I just feel like I am really settling in and couldn’t be happier at my new job! That being said, I am very sad that I won’t get to be in Virginia for the holidays. I have many fond memories of Christmas there, and had an especially fun time last year with my family and friends.
For Christmas this year, it will be all about girl time. I’m traveling to Phoenix to visit my good friend, or twin, which most people think we are ;). I am excited to have my first West coast Christmas, though I will be thinking of everyone I love on the East coast…especially my 2 favorite little elves (see below). Aren’t those the sweetest faces you have ever seen???
December 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
For the holidays, it is pretty much a requirement that glitter be on my nails at all times. Anything gold, silver, green, red, or any combination of those is what I want. But, I just saw the most adorable manicure on one of my favorite blog’s by my MOST favorite Lauren Conrad. It is the cutest thing ever and so festive! I must try it immediately, however I’m not sure I will have time before Christmas!!! What do you like to do with your nails to make them a little more festive? xoxo
December 21, 2011 § Leave a comment
Im not usually one to get all of my Christmas gifts online. However, this year between moving and all the craziness of starting my new life, I just couldn’t find the energy to fight the crowds. So, I did most of my shopping online, which turned out to be a lot of fun. Here are a few gift ideas to help finish up your list. I wouldn’t mind finding a few of these under my tree!
Deborah Lippmann ‘Get This Party Started’ Gift Set, $42.
Marc by Marc Jacobs Molly Watch, $200.
Tiered Geometric Necklace, $29.
Silvered Votive, $8.
Jack Spade Credit Card Holder, $80.
Dolce & Gabbana Men’s Aviator Sunglasses, $315.
Dior ‘Addict’ Ultra Gloss in Apricot Cloche, $27.
Donna Karen Cashmere Mist Body Misting Spray, $45.
Rebecca Minkoff ‘Cheetah’ Phone Case, $38.