March 31, 2011 § 1 Comment
March 30, 2011 § 1 Comment
After waking up to snow on the ground this past Sunday, I decided to make my favorite cold weather meal one more time. There is nothing better than warm, robust chili to heat up the coldest day. This recipe is so easy and tastes soooo good!! I let it cook for over 8 hours and it was the most flavorful, delicious batch I think I’ve ever made.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 red onion
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
2 packages of Chili seasoning (I usually get one Mild and one Regular)
Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Chop up red onion. Brown meat and onion. Add to crock pot. Add in all other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set crock pot to the lowest setting. Cook for 6 hours, stirring occasionally. I usually turn it up to low about 30 minutes before I’m serving it. Top with cheese and sour cream. Serve with garlic bread.
**There are so many yummy variations to chili. You can add different kinds of beans, add green or red peppers, or turn up the heat with the spicy chili seasoning. Try ground turkey instead of ground beef for a healthier option.
March 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
With an upcoming trip to Miami on Friday teasing me as I count down the days and hours; I’ve already started packing in anticipation. Its going to be 85 degrees and sunny so we are going to lounge on the beach as much as possible since Spring has apparently not arrived in Virginia yet. This got me thinking of beach supplies and what essentials I always keep in my beach bag (how freaking adorable is that Kate Spade one???). Sunscreen is probably my most important item, and yes I use SPF 50 on my body, SPF 55 on my face, and lip balm with SPF30. I do not want to look like a rumpled prune when I get older so I slather it on multiple times, and do still manage to get some sun people! I also love the Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil because it gives you that pretty, shimmery glow. Here are some more of my favorite beach items!
1. Roxy Drawstring Bag, $29.50.
2. Frederic Fakkai Beach Waves, $23.
3. Juicy Couture ‘Dotty Floral’ Terry Hat, $58.
4. Kate Spade ‘Hello Sunshine’ Tote, $275.
5. Coppertone Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen, $7.99.
6. Roxy Mod Surf Swim Cover-up, $46.
7. Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer SPF 55 Face Sunscreen, $7.
8. Goody Thick Ponytail Elastics, $3.19.
9. Marc by Marc Jacobs Aviators, $98.
10. Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15.
11. Shady Kiss Lip Balm SPF 30, $5.
12. B&BW Sangria Tasty Lip Color, $8. (How fun is this and I bet it smells amazing!!!)
13. Aveeno Nourish and Condition Leave-in Treatment, $6.49. (To help comb through the salt water hair)
14. Old Navy Printed Flip Flops, $5.50.
15. Forever21 Ribbed Knit Headwrap, $3.80.
16. Roxy iPod Speakers, $109.99.
17. Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin, $14.66.
March 28, 2011 § Leave a comment
This is probably my favorite look right now!!! I love how flattering and girly it is. Here are a few of my favorite pieces to get the look (and don’t forget your cross-body bag!):
1. Blush Pintuck Crop Top, $36.
2. Olive Horn Button Tapered Trouser, $40.
3. Nine West ‘Quicken’, $89.
4. Lucca Couture Woven Bustier, $49.
5. Pleated Skirt, $49.
6. Pale Green Leather Tassel Bag, $70.
7. Braided Leatherette Sandals, $7.50.
8. Trouve Oversize Crop Tee, $30.
9. Citizen High Rise Wide Leg Jean, $154.
10. Strappy Cone Heels, $26.80.
March 24, 2011 § Leave a comment
My very beautiful and lovely friend (that doesn’t narrow it down too much since they ALL are beautiful and lovely) asked me for my advice today. She said she is in a beauty/style rut and needs help. I got to thinking about this and quickly discovered that I might be in one as well. One reason might be that the awkward transition between seasons. One day its hot and you wore too many layers, and the next day its freezing and since you were sweating to death yesterday you left your coat at home (yes I did this today). I decided to put together a little collection of a few things that are sure to brighten anyone’s mood. Topping my list are Strawberry Basil Mojitos (the basil adds the most delicious, unexpected flavor), a sunny-colored luggage tag (what better way to get out of a rut than to take a trip to somewhere fabulous??), and bright accessories.
1. Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in True Love, $21.
2. Beauty Cosmetic Bag, $4.80.
3. Strawberry Basil Mojito.
4. Wacky Chicks by Jonathan Adler, $12.
5. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, $28.
6. Milani Neon Nail Lacquer, $4.99.
7. Sally Hansen Salon Effects, $9.99.
8. Orange Suede Knot Platform, $130.
9. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, $23.
10. Jonathan Adler ‘Bon Voyage’ Luggage Tag, $5.95.
11. Juicy ‘Couture Couture’ Roller Ball, $18.
12. Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Gloss in Sweet Pink, $6.99.
13. Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Soft Coral, $22.
14. J.Crew Anima Neon Headband, $19.50.
15. Color Pop Bangles, $9.80.
16. Havaianas Lemon Glow-in-the-Dark Flops, $22.
March 23, 2011 § Leave a comment
My hair stylist uses Moroccanoil products on me and I love them. They smell AMAZING (seriously!!!) and actually work. I use only the oil treatment on my hair right now. I don’t use many products on my hair at home which is probably why 6 out of 7 days I end up with a bad hair day. I am dying to try these other products, especially the glimmer shine spray!!
2. Glimmer Shine Spray, $26.
3. Hydrating Styling Cream, $32.
4. Luminous Hair Spray, $21.
March 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
If you are like me, it isn’t always easy to find a swimsuit. I see tons of cute swimsuits all the time but often they are either not right for my body type, the wrong color for my pale skin, or cost a million dollars. For swimwear, I am drawn to anything with interesting details on the top or a fun, bright print. Here are a few that I like that follow all of that criteria, and save money to spend on adorable cover-ups and flip flops!!!
1. Spring Floral Bikini, Top, $10.80, Bottoms, $9.80.
2. Mossimo Polka Dot Bikini, $17.99 for each piece.
3. Modern Triangle Bikini, $68 for each piece. (obsessed with this one!!!!)
4. Summer Song Bikini, $68 for each piece.
5. Cyn & Luca Polka Dot Bikini, $54 for each piece.
6. Blue Anchor Stripe Padded Bikini, $55.
7. American Eagle Triangle Print Bikini, $24.50 each piece.
8. Delia’s Ruched Bandeau One-Piece, $34.50.
9. Roxy 70s Ruffle Bikini, Top, $42, Bottoms, $36.